DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY
Veloce Audio mantra is simple:
- Avoid AC power at all costs– deep cycle DC supplies are OUR thing!
- Meld old and new technologies for breakthrough performance
- Keep it simple - pure sound often flows from simple circuits
- Consider the environment – build efficient devices
Because of these beliefs, Veloce has developed unique approaches to traditional audio problem areas. One of these is the power supply. Rather than use the AC mains to feed a conventional power supply, we have designed a hybrid battery/AC system for our LS1 linestage. In this design, NO AC mains power (converted, filtered or transformed) touches the audio circuits. Our new Litho Series LOW voltage battery supply eliminates a multitude of problems that plague traditional supplies, leaving the musical signal pure, unsullied by the hash and noise of dirty AC power. We call this design Hybrid Clean Power™. The Litho Series supply also uses edge of the art LiFe* batteries for the longest possible battery life (# of charge/discharge cycles is more than 4X our Gen One supply). Also unique, our battery power management system, SmartSupply™, switches between charge and operate modes seamlessly and without any user intervention. The playtime of the unit (without recharging) is over 150 hours!
Other new technologies include a unique biasing system for the tube-based gain stage, Veloce’s unparalleled UltraBias™. This active biasing method works in concert with our Hybrid Clean Power™ supply to provide the tube cathodes with an electron-rich voltage source. This bias current automatically adjusts for changing battery conditions and reduces distortion by significant margins.
* Why LiFe (Lithium Iron Phosphate) Battery?
Fast Charge —Can be fully charged in a very short time
- High Performance —High capacity to size / weight
- Extremely Safe/Stable Chemistry High intrinsic safety , High Rate Capability —For all high power output application
- Extraordinarily Long Cycle Life -Best can up to 2000 cycle life, over 8 times life of Lead Acid and 3-4 times of Li-ion.
- Long Service Life —Around 10 years
- Environmentally Friendly Non-toxic, non-contaminating
- Wide working temperature range —From -4 F to 150
- Form Factor —Small in size and light in weight 1/3 weight of Lead Acid
- No memory effect